A Designer in Awe of the First Designer

Friday, January 19, 2007

Thoughts on Romans

So currently, in my Bible study we are going through Romans. This week we are on Romans 4. Some in the group think this chapter is one of the harder ones to follow and understand. I on the other hand think it's the most clear chapter out of all of Romans. I think Paul is much more linear with this chapter then his bouncing around back and forth between mutliple topics in other chapters.
Anyway. There is one major thing that I took away from Romans 4. Something really hit me as to Abrahams faith. The jist of the chapter is to show how Abraham, the father of the Jews, had faith before he was even technically a Jew. This is an illustration from Paul to prove the fact that both Gentiles and Jews are saved through faith, that it isn't the law that saves. There is more to this fact, but I'm not going to get into it. Back to what I really took away from this Chapter.
Verses 20-22 say : 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."
Abraham was giving God glory and praise for something that hadn't even happened yet. That amazes me. So much in our current culture of church, we definately praise God, but we praise God for what he HAS done, not so much for what he is GOING to do. This is something I'm going to try and put into practic. I really believe we are missing out on expanding the strength of our faith by not praising God for what he is going to do instead of just praising Him for what he has done.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

2:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron,

God might appreciate a solid show of faith. You know if you are going to praise what God is going to do that is a show of faith in Him. Isnt it? Isnt that like letting God know that you believe in Him? You know truly and amazingly that God is going to do something amazing and it doesnt matter what it is , just so long as He works on it because you know its going to be amazing whatever it is.

Hi Aaron, this is Nicholas. The guy that lost his mind a couple of times over the last few years. It can be sad what life does to someone but at the same time some people never forget good friends. We had some great times together and through the power of this computerized contraption, its easier to say Hi to people you havent said Hi to in a while.

How is life man? What are you drawing? Are you drawing? How did the fighter helmets turn out?

Im working on a nice little project ... im actually doing some good works man, im slowly putting together a writing group here in cincinnati that is going to end up working with actors and actresses and I can go on about this but only if you want to hear about it.

You might not want to talk to me, I can understand that. I acted pretty terribly to you but Im kind of in a better place now and man if youd be willing to listen I have some stories for you.

Anyways I will leave off here. I hope all is well.

heres the website I am putting together.

www.whatisearth.com

-Nicholas

3:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home